Saturday, January 10, 2009

NDE

NDE- Near Death Experience(s). They tend to leave you scarred for life, whether emotionally or physically. Some more traumatic than others- could be the day you fell off your bike or the day you got mugged walking down to the corner store. Mine's a little different. I was 14, going on 15... 14 and a half to be precise. I had just finished my freshman year of high school and I was going through some major depression. Just family and boyfriend issues like every other person.


So I had just completed my first year at Forest Hills High School, I hated it. I didn't like anybody there. I considered them all stuck up bitches. School filled with guys who thought they were too cool for school and slutty girls who found this attractive. Well thats what I thought. Not everyone was like that, but most were. Also, my ex boyfriend, the kid whom I thought was the love of my life, he also went there. We went to school together and came home together. During lunch, we sat together, just the two of us. We even met up in between classes when the bell rang. Well, sometimes, if he hadn't already left campus. He wasn't much into school. He cut... a lot! So besides the fact that I was anti social, my schedule sucked massive balls. I got out of school at 5:30 p.m. EVERY day! The good thing was that I got to sleep in. I wouldn't have to be in school until 11:16. The bad thing was, I felt like I literally had no life. I was in school during the middle of the day. By the time I got home, the day was over. This only made things worst. My life was school and I hated school. That's one.

So school was over, think I would of been happy right? Guess again. On the contrary, there were other plenty things that made me unhappy. During the time, things with my mother were starting to get pretty bad. She was spending all her time being attentive to my brother, Saul, the middle child. I mean like really attentive; to the point where she was just giving him whatever he wanted. When he did something wrong, anything wrong, she punished me for it. Not only took her anger out on me, but seriously punished me. No T.V., no going out. She would even kick my ex boyfriend out of the house to upset me more; and of course it did. Once, she was in such a bad mood, she yelled at me and didn't let me out the house. I asked her why, and I remember her words till this day, "Because I'm an unfair mother, that's why!" Then she picked up the phone and started calling my past lover's father. She told his father how his son was a good for nothing idiot. All this for no reason. That's two.

Three- my ex, John. Since we lived together I was used to seeing him every day. All of a sudden he became distant. Began hanging out with an old friend, lied to me about working somewhere, and some days I didn't hear from him. He began to treat me like shit and I couldn't understand why.

With so much going on in my life, my dad promised to come rescue me. I would move with him to Florida (he still lives there). I packed... I waited... he never came.

I became terribly depressed.

One night I came close to greeting death. I took 17 pills. Tynenol PM. My mom wasn't home, my ex was- same room and all. How convinient. Anyway, he forced me to call my mom and tell her what I did. We went to the hosptial, all three of us. Needles everywhere. I also had to drink charcoal. Trust me, it tastes worst than it sounds. I woke up in some weird place surrounded by people talking to themselves. You know those kind of people moving their body back and forth for no reason; others swinging a teddy bear in their arms thinking it's a real baby. Some sort of mental institution or something. I didn't even know they had one of those in Elmhurst Hosptial. But anyway, my father called and convinced them to let me go. I didn't get off the hook that easy though. Two straight years of therapy. I hated theraphy.

From there on, everyone tried to appreciate me a lot more. Two days and a half later... reality kicked in and things were back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment